OR
Click here for podcast reading and discussion Day 4
OR
for Spanish Podcast CLICK HERE
To get your own book and retreat companion, visit www.allheartsafire.org
My Comment:
Today Fr. Gaitley recommends we consider why we should give ourselves
entirely to Mary. I think this is an excellent question to ponder and
really is the heart of what we are doing in reading this book.
In non-Catholic traditions, there is a great emphasis on Jesus alone. And in fact, I think many non-Catholics think Catholics have too much emphasis on Mary or that we even worship her. (We do not, we honor her, just as Jesus did/does.)
The answer that Fr. Gaitley shares as to 'should I give myself entirely
to Mary?' is very simple. Yes, because Jesus did. Jesus, the second
person of the Trinity, could have come into the world in any way He
liked, at any time in history. Yet He chose to be born of Mary, raised
by Mary, loved by Mary. Wow.

Thank you and God bless you for posting these.
ReplyDelete