Friday, January 23, 2015

33 Days retreat saves College woman's life

I received this email and share it with Jamie's permission:
Jamie from California
"My name is Jamie  and I am a junior at the University of San Diego. I recently finished the 33 days to Morning Glory retreat (after a recommendation from my parish priest at home) and I have never felt more enlightened, invigorated or inspired. I was going through college, living the typical college lifestyle- and my faith was suffocating. I was also in rehab for an eating disorder. My parish priest recommended making this 33 day spiritual retreat and I can’t even put into words how drastically it changed my life. This consecration was nothing short of saving my life! I have never felt a freedom like this and I want to share this with everyone I possibly can!"

Jamie also shared this meaningful quote from St. Maximilian Kolbe who was one of the biggest promoters of Marian Consecration in the 1920s and 30s:

"The Immaculata alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. She seeks souls that will consecrate themselves entirely to her, that will become in her hands forceful instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spread of God's kingdom."
-St. Maximilian Kolbe

No comments:

Post a Comment