Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ohio Youth Director gives testimony on 33 Days Consecration

...like any good mother,
Mary wants to help her children on earth. 
mary%20rosary.jpg

It was June 2001, I was a sophomore in high school and I was serving as a Teen Leader at Extreme Faith Camp, when I stumbled across a book that would forever change my life. I had been praying that God would take me deeper in my faith when my eye caught sight of a small book titled, "Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary" by Saint Louis de Montfort.

Upon opening the book I discovered that it was a 30 day spiritual exercise. I immediately committed to beginning on the next start date (July 13). When that day came I woke up early with excitement to attend Mass and begin my journey to consecration. I knew this was a special time in my life, but I had no idea just how powerful this spiritual exercise would be.

For thirty days I prayed the consecration prayers and the rosary, and read the insightful works of St. Louis about "true devotion to Mary." I learned of Mary's virtue and my heart burned to follow her example of true womanhood and holiness. It was the first time that I had ever considered Mary as MY Mother.
I was learning of her maternal love for me and of her desire to lead me to the heart of her Son. As I slowly gave my heart over to Mary, I fell more in love with Jesus. As any good mother would, Mary was helping me to discover God's plan for my life.

On August 15 (the Feast of the Assumption), I concluded my first Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary with Mass. I felt like a completely new person and my spiritual life had a depth that I hadn't known before. "To Jesus through Mary" became my new life motto. There was only one thing left to do... so I went out for ice cream to celebrate!

Looking back, I know that picking up that book twelve years ago was a momentous life changing event. It propelled me into a journey of faith, a journey that became the foundation for every major life decision I would make. The "Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary" has been revised and expanded since I first stumbled across it. The "33 Days to Morning Glory" book is based on St. Louis de Montfort's original consecration but also adds wisdom from other modern saints.

I am looking forward to renewing my consecration to Jesus through Mary this summer with this new book. I anticipate with joy journeying deeper in faith with Mary at my side. I hope that you will consider joining us. Take a leap of faith and you may find that Mary is waiting to bring you to a new depth in your faith life. She waits to journey with us closer to the heart of her Son, deeper into holiness, and to a renewed vision of God's plan for our lives.   

- testimony of Youth Director coordinating parish-wide consecration with 33 Days to Morning Glory by Fr. Gaitley through Lighthouse Catholic Media

Email me to bring the consecration to Jesus through Mary, to your parish  jkmuss@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment