Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 7 of 33 Days to Morning Glory

A Quick, Easy, and Secure Way to Holiness


Although I am all about anything that is "quick and easy" I am especially interested in those two words when they describe a Secure Way to Holiness.

The words that stick out to me on today's passage are "those who are particularly beloved by Mary often have more crosses than others, but Mary make the crosses sweet and light." (pg 45)

Just as she stood at the foot of the cross of her son, she is with us in all our crosses. Her mantle of protection covers us.

This wraps up the first week. Tomorrow we will learn about St. Maximilian Kolbe and his devotion to the Immaculata.

--Julie Musselman


I am enjoying it.  I was concerned initially about giving everything over to Mary because we are taught to beg and plead when we pray, in other words be fervent when praying.  I actually felt a burden lifted when I thought about allowing Mary to choose to whom she would give over my rosary each night.  I always remember Julie's mother and her binder of people she chose to pray for each day of the week.  I think she would have given everything to Mary as well.

Also, I wouldn't mind starting a catholic books reading club. I know we are all busy but sometimes I feel I don't put enough emphasis on the important things In life like nurturing my friendships.  I am always too busy cleaning, working, etc.  Let me know what you think.

-- Michelle Mosley

I'm IN on the Catholic book club!
-Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment